Thursday, September 15, 2005

Director Level

I was looking at Northrop Grumman jobs to see if I could find a position that would allow me to work from home. I found several jobs that could potentially be good bets, and I e-mailed the managers that were listed on each req. to ask them what they would recommend. Then I pulled up the org charts to see if there were any other managers at the same level that I could e-mail. It turned out that the people I e-mailed were directors directly under the VP of the sector. Oops.

The nice thing is that they returned my e-mails quickly and told me which jobs to apply for. So today I spent several hours making sure my resume was pretty (It was already up to date, but I just re-did it from scratch), and submitted it to 10 different job positions. Hopefully something will turn out OK.

I heard back from another company that I applied for in Visalia today as well. I have an interview scheduled on Tuesday. I am thinking about canceling it though because the pay they are offering is not high enough. Also, I would really prefer to stay with Northrop at this point.

Sigh....

No comments: