Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Spiritual Gifts

Since Deb brought it up, I figured I'd take the spiritual gift tests too:


This first one is from http://www.elca.org/evangelism/assessments/spiritgifts.html


I don't like it as much as others.

Update:
Sigh, I suppose I should explain why I don't like it.
Discernment should be higher
Hospitality should be way higher (don't know how it got that result)
Music isn't a spiritual gift
Pastoral should be lower.
Wisdom should be higher.
Writing??????? Guess what Mom, one of my strongest gifts is writing.

Come to think of it there are a bunch on there that I don't consider spiritual gifts. I prefer to stick with the ones listed in the Bible.

My "core" gifts are:
Discernment
Giving
Healing (why isn't healing on that list?)
Faith

My "weaker" gifts are:
Prophecy (in the preachy sense of the word, although there have been times that I have seen visions of the future)
Wisdom
Leadership


I will do the other one tomorrow. I don't have the time to answer 125 questions in the 2 minutes before I leave work. The test that I am going to do tomorrow is a better test. We will see what it says.

4 comments:

Melissa P. said...

What is healing? Like, if you put your hands on my stomach and prayed for me to be healed, would I not have gastrointestinal distress anymore?

Unknown said...

I think it would be more along the lines of mental (spiritual and emotinal) healing.

Anonymous said...

The thing I wonder about is how does prayer affect gifting. Everyone in our family has fairly high ratings for discernemnt and wisdom. Does that have anything to do with me praying nearly everyday of your life that God would give you wisdom and discernment? Or is prayer directed according to the initial game plan that you would have those gifts?

Unknown said...

So basically the "Chicken and the Egg" of spiritual gifts?