Saturday, December 17, 2005

Yummy!

The last week has been good but hectic. I went down to LA on Wednesday with Josh, and read the first three narnia books on the way. We spent the night at the Yoshimoto's, and then got up in the morning to go to work. Deb dropped me off in Norwalk and I took the train in to work. Then I took the train back to Norwalk and Dan picked me up to go to their hooding ceremony (easier to spell than what I actually went to). I read the 4th narnia book there and then we went and stayed in a motel six. We got up and went to Biola in the morning. I had lunch with Melissa, and then we went to Graduation. It was a good graduation (I'll post pics soon). Once that was done we went to Dan's for a party, and left to come home around 10pm.

Today has been slow, but good. We went to Jack in the Box for breakfast. It was supprisingly good. I can definitely recommend their meaty breakfast burrito and their french toast sticks. We didn't get going till 12, so we appriciated that they server breakfast all day. Then we went to costco and got some stuff we needed for the holidays; like TP, napkins, cat litter, cat food, eggs, cheese, and booze (costco is a great place to by alcohol).

For Christmas lunch I am going to be cooking prime rib for everybody so I bought a little hunk (four pounds) to cook this weekend so that I could practice and make sure I was doing since our Christmas hunk will be about $150 of meat and I don't want to mess it up. I put the trial in this morning before we left for costco. We were there for a while and then I looked at my watch and panicked because we had been there to long and I was afraid that I burnt my roast! We hurried on home and it wasn't even done yet. It finished about 10 minutes later (-=
I cut a nice two inch piece out for myself and put the rest in the refrigerator till tomorrow (r pounds is enough for about 3 people). So I sat down and ate it, and it was pretty much the best Prime Rib I've ever had. I've had $50 pieces from places like Mortons, and this beat it out.
I can't wait to cook our Christmas piece.

More later I'm sure.

No comments: