Saturday, March 18, 2006

I can't believe it

I forgot to write about what I got on to write about last night.

Since the house repair people were in our kitchen till late last night, I took Deb out to a pizza place (Me and Ed's) to get pizza so we wouldn't have to deal with cooking so late. We had a coupon that got us $5 off of the pizza, so I figured it wouldn't be so bad to try it out. We got a large specialty pizza, garlic bread and two drinks for just over $20. That is pretty good for something that will last us two meals. Anyway, we placed our order, got our drinks, and waited, and waited, and waited... till they finally announced that our garlic bread was done 36 minutes later. So I went up, and asked what was taking so long (apperently the specialty pizzas take longer to cook). I got the bread, and went and got a drink refill, and when I got back the pizza was ready. I picked it up, sat down, and realized that there were mushrooms on it. We ordered no mushrooms. Fortunately I don't mind them so much, but I took the pizza back anyway on principal. They listened to my complaint and said, "you've waited long enough, can we just give you half off your order?". I said, "sure". So they went back to the cash register and started working on giving me half off, but apperently the only way they can refund anyone's money is by taking an entire item off the receipt. Since the pizza took up the majority of the purchase they couldn't figure out how to do it. Finally they gave up and just refunded the entire bill.
We were pretty excited to get a free meal, and the pizza was pretty good, so we promised them we'd be back. You really don't find such good customer service these days.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love gettin' sumthin' for nothin'! What a great story! I'm sorry I don't read your blog more, and what a great compliment you left on my comments! I'm going to slap you on my links list. Take Care!