Monday, March 06, 2006

Why?!?!?!???

I went to McDonalds for breakfast today. There is one in the gas station that I go to, so I occasionally go in while I am filling up in the morning. Every single time I have gone I have had a bad experience. Everytime I have walked out of there thinking it would be the last time. The thing is, I usually have so little time in the morning that if I stop for gas I don't have time for breakfest somewhere else. (before anyone comments, I know I should just eat at home, and I am going to work on my schedule so that I have time. I feel like throwing up if I eat before I've been awake for 45-60 minutes, so I'm going to try waking up earlier.)
Anyway, the first time I went I spent 5 minutes standing and waiting for my orange juice, only to have them say, "sorry, we have no orange juice". So I asked for Ice Tea, but they didn't have that either. I finally ended up with Sprite, which was NASTY (as in there was something wrong with it).
The next time I went they just took a really long time; longer than it took to get 16 gallons of gas from the Unical 76 pump. Unical 76 pumps are SLOW! it should not take longer than the pump to throw a McGriddle and a hashbrown into a bag. You go to McDonalds because they are supposed to be FAST!
Finally, today. Today I woke up in a horrible mood because I did poorly on a paper that I spent 27 hours writing this weekend, and got barely any sleep. So I went to McDonalds, and I stood there, and I stood there, and I stood there. Turns out, the cashier could not help me becuase the terminal was locked out from another employee ORDERING THEIR OWN BREAKFAST! Once they go around to taking my order things went pretty fast; like about 20 seconds, including the girl having to go back because she forgot to put in my second hashbrown. The problem was, they gave me my orange juice in a kiddy cup. That is right, a kiddy cup. One of the best things about McDonalds is that they give you your morning OJ in a 20 ounce cup normally (which is nice because it offsets having to pay $1.50 for it). This morning however, I got a nice 8 ounce kiddy cup full of my $1.50 OJ. I asked, "doesn't this normally come in a larger cup?" and the girl replied, "no, that is a small OJ". Well, you were right miss., that was a small OJ.

1 comment:

Willow said...

You're just a kid, Jeff!