Sunday, March 06, 2005

das ist nien eine...

This moment is brought to you by motion sickness and the tiananmen square massacre.
This has been a good Sunday. Deb and I slept in and skipped church. It was nice to just spend the morning relaxing. For lunch we met up with Ben and Amanda and went to Claim Jumpers to celebrate Ben's Birthday. Then we came home and I finished up homework and played video games for a little while Deb was working on her school work. Now I am writing my blog while Deb is working on school work and watching a movie.
I was playing Half-life2. It is by far my favorite game at the moment. The problem is that I cannot play it for an extended amount of time because I get motion sickness from playing it. It is a very annoying phenomenon that medical experts say should not exist. Basically it is written off as a psycological issue that cannot be explained. It does not effect a very large population, so I do not believe much effort has been put into finding a "cure". Correction, there has been more research put into it, there just isn't anything you can really do about it. Read Here, (link to study from first link) and Here.
I've had the song "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" stuck in my head all week. It is interesting how world events play such an important role in popular culture. This is one of the best songs ever written, about one of the most famous "http://larkspirit.com/bloodysunday/sad" events ever to happen. Makes you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a new exercise for this : ) It is called ear eights and works on the vestibular system. Of course the real purpose is to help auditory processing but virtual (or is it vicarious?) carsickness is probably a more enticing reason to suggest it. I could have a whole new career in video game enabling. Hmmm...