Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A Few Thoughts...

...Notes on life if you will.
How many of you who read blogs on a regular basis who post comments go back and read the replies to comments? I notice many times when people make a comment that is responded to by the blog author and they never follow up. Weird. How many of you have a blog and didn't know that it has a comment section?
I am so sick and tired of people who are being disrespectful of the President. It is completely inappropriate. Yes, we should be critical of the things that he does; it is our duty as Americans. But there is a huge difference between being critical and being disrespectful. If I say that he has the worse foreign policy that this country has seen in many years, it is different than saying that I hate him, and that he is a filthy liar (as I saw on the back of a car on my way into work today). Come on people! It is time to stop taking our freedom for granted. Learn to use your brain, and affect change in an effective manner.
I was going to stop there, but I had to add that the blogger spell checker doesn't know the word "blog". Go figure. I'll write more about Bush haters later... Someone just had to go and get me started.

5 comments:

Jen said...

well said, Jeff. It's a pet peeve of mine, too.

And I answer blog comments. =)

Graf Spee said...

Out of curiousity... does that apply to a Democrat president as well? :} I say this because I've seen many Christians get all up in arms about how we need to support Bush because he's our president, then two minutes later start bashing President Clinton. If one is worthy of respect because of his position as president, then isn't the other?

Unknown said...

Yes it does apply to democratic presidents as well. I am not a republican. I certainly didn't like Clinton, but I did work hard not to be disrespectful of him. Fortunately he is not the president any more, so I can say anything I like. (-= I still wouldn't do anything other than say he whored around and had a bad foreign policy. Not sure which is worse.

Jen said...

I'm no Clinton fan either but he did do something cool the other day. On his trip with Senior Bush, wherever they were only had one bed available so he gave it to senior (80 year old) Bush and he slept on the floor. I thought that was pretty darn cool of Clinton.

Unknown said...

Ya I saw what Clinton did as well. I was impressed.