Wednesday, July 06, 2005

So its been a while...

I could solve half the world's problems if people would just listen to me. The problem is that they don't because I am wrong half the time.

I thought that up tonight over dinner. All by myself.

So let me see... What has been going on... I guess it has been like a month since the last time I wrote. In the mean time I've been sick, my Brother got married (now I have two sisters, yay!), I hurt my back playing volleyball, my Dad broke his leg playing volleyball, my back got better, I got in a car wreck, I hurt my back, I missed two weeks of work because of my back, I played lots of Halo, and now I am on vacation.
Let's see more... also, I hate the company I work for (but love my work and the work I do for my country), can't wait to move, am having issues with misc. friends, appreciate people I know in the military (Dan, Kyle, Dave, Tim) who risk or will risk their life for our country (Dave is the only one that probably won't be going to Iraq, but I hear sitting in a chair all day can be bad for your health. It is OK, the stuff he does is so cool that it makes up for it).
Sunday we went to Hollywood blvd. It was everything I thought it would be (its a pretty junky place and I'd been before.) We took the metro to the Hollywood and Vine stop and walked to the Hollywood and Highland stop to get back on. We went to misc. clothing stores and a couple of museums. For reference, don't bother going to the Fredrick's of Hollywood museum or the Erotic museum. Both are a huge waste of money (and the FH one is FREE). The Erotic museum I thought would be interesting due to my hobby of studying the sociological aspects of sex. They had a "history of sex" exhibit that I really wanted to see because it was, well, you know, a history of sex. To make a long story short... it wasn't a history of sex, it was more like 40x50in depictions of current cutting edge sex acts. Total waste of time. We found a mediteranian resturant which somewhat made the day better.
Monday we just hung out, ate at P.F. Chaing's, watched Buffy, and went to the 4th of July celebration at the Hollywood Bowl. Here are some pictures. It was a Disneyland 50th thingy too.

Conductor Mauceri getting a ride to the center stage.


The whole LA Phil.


Mickey making the conductor an honorary cast member


The Dappppppper Dans.


Fess Parker reading the words of President Lincoln.

OK, so for those of you who don't know (which should be pretty much everybody) Davy Crockett was my favorite show when I was a child. Seeing Mr. Parker was a very huge treat for me.

Alice.


Dancing Cards.


The Rabbit.


The Maaaad Hatter.


Spooooky Ghost Girl #1 (sung to the tune of the "Haunted Mansion").


Spooooky Ghost Girl #2.


Hitch-hiking Ghosts.


Composer Richard Sherman.


Richard Sherman, his brother, and none other than mister Disneyland himself.


Mr. Sherman singing "its a small world after all" with children(Yes, he wrote it. Yes, it is his fault).


Main Street Light Parade Creature #1.


Main Street Light Parade Creature #2.


Main Street Light Parade Creatures.


Cinderella and Prince Charming.


Beu Sisters.


Fess Parker singing the Davy Crockett theme song.


Ibid.


Patriotic Mickey.


Irate Pirate.


Pirate Mauceri.


Ewww...


Something...



Fess and Donald.


Pluto ogling Beu sister. (i'm sure that pluto is a girl)


What is Rabbit looking at?


Fess and Mickey. (I love this pic.)


Mr. Sherman.


Fess and Mickey again.



So there you have it.

On Tuesday we got up early and met Mary at the airport with Deb's family and Tim. Then we went to Fullerton for our chiropratic appointment, picked up some clothes from home, fed the cats, stopped by the car repair place (buggers were closed), went to Deb's parents house, and then went to see the Tut exhibit at LACMA. It was a very fun treat, but I was pretty disappointed. They put us through 45 minutes of crowded rooms before we even saw anything of Tut's, and then when we got to the end, there was only one room of stuff, and Tut was mysteriously absent, as was his sarcophogas. I think it was a blatent case of false advertising. They said he'd be there.
Today we just relaxed, ate leftovers, and watched Buffy all day. Then we had dinner with Deb's Family and misc. people that I don't really know.
Tomorrow we fly out to Pheonix to see Jen and Todd. Hurray!

That is pretty much all for now. Our house is almost finished with the framing stage, but we have not been contact for the framing inspection yet.

So long for now.

No comments: