Friday, July 15, 2005

They're coming to take me away lalalalalala!

Yesterday I drove up to Visalia for the framing inspection for our house. It went very well. I am pretty happy with the construction and I got good video and pictures of where all the wires and stuff will be. It should not be to hard for me to go in and add all the speaker wiring that I want to do. One nice thing that I found out is that every room that has a phone jack will have two CAT5e cables running to the jack. CAT5e is the same cabling that you use for networking computers. So we will be able to take one of the lines (like we are ever going to use the 8 telephone lines that two CAT5e cablees will support) and use it for networking the whole house (except for the rooms that don't have phone jacks). This makes me quite happy. The one thing I didn't notice and I need to go back and verify is that it didn't look like they are putting a phone jack in for the tech center. That would border on extremely annoying.
Now for the fun part....
After we were done with the inspection and as we were on our way out the door (my parents met me at the house, Deb had to work) I asked if they had a firmer date set for the house getting finished ("sometime in November or December" wasn't quite specific enough for me). The house builder guy said, "oh, we should be done in late August/early September". This was rather astounding to me, so I went by the office to verify. It looks like we will be closing escrow about the middle of September. This means that we will probably plan to move September 30th.
So now we are freaking out. We had pretty well layed out plans for how everything would work assuming that we would move in December, including coming up with money for closing costs, moving costs, and having a buffer for if we had to go without work for a bit while we found jobs in Visalia. Now, I have about two weeks to frantically come up with the bare minimums, plus deal with finding a loan. It isn't anything that can't be done (in fact I am confident that we can), but I soooo do not want to deal with the stress of it right now. So my two week plan is:

Find loan
Find job (can take two months)
Find money for closing costs (not an issue if we go with the builder's lender; which we probably will end up doing)
Pay deductable for car wreck (assuming that it was my fault since they STILL don't know for sure)
Pay State income tax
Pay for nose surgery (stupid insurance)
Find money for moving costs (like I'm going to move a $4000 piano down the stairs)

Fortunately all our credit cards are in order (not completely paid off, but we are in a good place, with only one with a remaining balance) so that isn't so much of a worry. Actually, when it comes down to it the only thing I am REALLY stressed about is the job. Since I realized that I absolutely hate my job I had decided that I was definitely going to just find a new job. That was not such a big deal when I had 5 more months to deal with it.

Ya, so anyway, please pray for us to have patience and confidence in God's blessings. I know things will work out, but like I said, I'm stressed.

1 comment:

Jen said...

what about Deb's Talbot graduation?