Friday, October 28, 2005

Still No Phone Call

I am really starting to doubt that Forward Advantage is going to hire me. It is probably best that I feel this way, so I won't be as disapointed if they don't. I am going to call them shortly just to verify that they received my application.

I talked to my manager about the offer, and while they are not going to budge on the salary part (seriously... a promotion with no raise???) they are going to let me work from home "full time" (with "full time" being equal to "I cannot promise anything, but I promise I will try". Just like they promised they would try to get me a raise). So I will take my two weeks off to move, and assuming that I don't get hired by FA in that amount of time I will come back down here to arrange my tasks so that I can work from home. The F35 lead is more than likely leaving the program, so I will probably take over half of his tasks. Working from home will mean only doing the boring parts of my job, but hey, my salary doesn't looks so bad if I am working from home.

We will start packing tomorrow. I already paid $116 on packing supplies, and we probably only have half the boxes we will need. We seriously have a lot of stuff. Current plan is to spend three days packing, do the final inspection of the house on Tuesday, move out of the apartment Wednesday, spend the night in Montebello with the yoshimotos, drive up to Visalia on Thursday, spend the night at my parents, and move into our new place on Friday. We have to figure out what to do with the cats those last two nights. AND this is all assuming that the loan is ready in time, and that the house is not delayed. The loan people told me on Monday that they needed additional paper work before the could approve the loan. Why couldn't they have told me this sooner? I could have given it to them a month ago. grrrr.

We have been too busy and too stressed to really think about it much, but it is starting to kick in a little how much we are going to miss people down here. We won't be that far away, but it is still a different dynamic. Not getting to be with the people that we love will be hard. We will be making many trips down here to see people. We already have at least four planned before the end of the year. Fortunately we are moving to a place where there are other people that we love, so that will be nice.
I was going to make a list of people that I will miss down here so that you can feel special, but I know I will forget someone and then you will feel bad so I am just not going to do it. Instead you can just assume that if you are not on the list below that I will miss you dearly and will hope to see you as much as possible when we visit.

People I will NOT miss:
Phil Frank


I'm going to do something stupid here:
28148272620 (divide by the square root of my age to get our phone number)

76233 Julieann Ct. (subtract the square root of our phone number rounded to the nearest ones place for the real address)
ailasiV, CA 93291 (city is backwards)

jokerz17 TA dslextreme TOD com.

No comments: